UPDATE: As of 2016, Genworth no longer sells life insurance policies. They still sell quality long-term care plans. If you have one of their plans, you don’t lose coverage.
Genworth Life Insurance is not new to the marketplace. They have been around for more than a 100 years, being established in 1871.
Not only have they been around for a while, they also work to provide excellent products and services. One way this is measured is by outside companies, like A.M. Best. Currently, they have an A rating, which is one of the best.
Before you make your final life insurance purchase decision though, we recommend looking into some other company reviews as well, such as our reviews on Zander Insurance, Primerica Life Insurance and United Home.
Genworth is headquartered in Richmond, VA. Their parent company is General Electric (GE) and Genworth by itself currently holds more than $100 billion in assets.
Genworth’s life insurance offering includes: term life, whole life and universal life. They will issue life insurance from ages 0-85 with a minimum death benefit of $50,000.
At RootFin.com we are long time agents of Genworth, we like them for their liberal underwriting in various niches. They have some of the most aggressive build charts in the industry and are very aggressive in these areas:
PREFERRED PLUS rates (best health class) are available for these risks:
- Total Cholesterol: treated or untreated total cholesterol between 150-300.
- Depression: ages 30-60, mild cases with documented stability of symptoms and work/family lifestyle
- Anxiety: mild cases
- Sleep Apnea: mildly treated that has resolved or stabilized
- Ulcerative Colitis: mild local disease stable for at least 3 years
- Asthma: Mild, stable asthma controlled with inhaled medications for at least 5 years
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis or mild inflammatory arthritis controlled for at least 5 years
- Gestational Diabetes: remote history in only one pregnancy with normal ongoing blood glucose levels and no family history of diabetes
Genworth Life Insurance Quotes
For quotes, check out the instant quote tool to compare how Genworth does price-wise against the rest of the life insurance marketplace. You’ll see quotes instantly on the next screen.
In some instances Genworth has the best pricing and other times they don’t so it’s important to compare especially if you’re shopping for the cheapest term life insurance rate. If you’re buying your first, second, third plan, or you want to replace a FEGLI retirement benefit plan, let us assist you.
You wouldn’t buy the first house you saw with a “for sale” sign, why would you buy the first life insurance plan you see? Make sure you do some shopping around before you sign any papers. If you bought the first one, chances are you’re going to spend way too much.