Genworth Life Insurance has been around since 1871 (when they were Life Insurance of Virginia) and currently carries an “A” (excellent) rating with AM Best. AM Best is the industry benchmark for financial strength in the life insurance industry. We also work with companies that offer no medical exam life insurance if that is what is best for your specific needs.
Before you make your final life insurance purchase decision though, we recommend looking into some other company reviews as well, such as our reviews on Zander Insurance, Primerica Life Insurance and United Home.
Genworth is headquartered in Richmond, VA. Their parent company is General Electric (GE) and Genworth by itself currently holds more than $100 billion in assets.
Genworth’s life insurance offering includes: term life, whole life and universal life. They will issue life insurance from ages 0-85 with a minimum death benefit of $50,000.
At RootFin.com we are long time agents of Genworth, we like them for their liberal underwriting in various niches. They have some of the most aggressive build charts in the industry and are very aggressive in these areas:
PREFERRED PLUS rates (best health class) are available for these risks:
- Total Cholesterol: treated or untreated total cholesterol between 150-300.
- Depression: ages 30-60, mild cases with documented stability of symptoms and wok/family lifestyle
- Anxiety: mild cases
- Sleep Apnea: mildly treated that has resolved or stabilized
- Ulcerative Colitis: mild local disease stable for at least 3 years
- Asthma: Mild, stable asthma controlled with inhaled medications for at least 5 years
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis or mild inflammatory arthritis controlled for at least 5 years
- Gestational Diabetes: remote history in only one pregnancy with normal ongoing blood glucose levels and no family history of diabetes.
Genworth Life Insurance Quotes
For quotes, use our instant quote tool on this page to compare how Genworth does price-wise against the rest of the life insurance marketplace. You'll see quotes instantly on the next screen.
In some instances Genwoth has the best pricing and other times they don't so it's important to compare especially if you're shopping for the cheapest term life insurance rate. So whether or not you are looking into purchase your first life insurance policy or looking to replace one that is not much benefit to you, such as a FEGLI retirement benefit plan, we are here to help you!