Rootfin (Root Financial) is a personal finance resource dedicated to helping families make the best financial decisions with a focus on life, auto, home, disability, and other types of insurance.
We exist to help make your financial and insurance decisions easy!
We rigorously research and review financial and insurance products, companies and strategies in-depth so you can have a clear and confident path forward.
Rootfin started back in 2007 as a financial advice blog with an emphasis on life insurance. Over the last 12 years, our research and expertise has been featured in Forbes, Wikipedia, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, Huffington Post and dozens of finance blogs across the web.
About Jeff Root, the Founder
Jeff Root is the founder of Rootfin. He is dedicated to helping people make smarter decisions when it comes to insurance and finances through education.
Jeff’s accomplishments include:
- Licensed life insurance agent in all 50 states & the District of Columbia
- Helped over 3000 people with insurance & financial planning.
- Speaker at a number of insurance & financial conferences around the US.
- He’s been quoted in U.S. News & World Report, USA Today, Nerdwallet, and InsuranceNewsNet.
- Host of The Modern Life Insurance Selling Podcast
- Author of The Digital Life Insurance Agent
- Member of the Forbes Finance Council
As you can see, Jeff Root and Rootfin have become leaders in the insurance industry when it comes to education and financial planning.
A Word from Jeff…
All of the content on this website was researched by me personally and I have a team of editors to help.
I thrive on researching and sharing knowledge to help others. There is so much bad information online from marketers trying to make a quick buck and recommending anything that will pay them the most. We do the complete opposite and aim to be the authentic voice backed up by unbiased research. I value providing the readers of Rootfin with enough information to make informed financial decisions.
Helping Families with Financial Planning
I have personally helped more than 3,000 families with their financial planning – 100% over the phone. Everything from purchasing life insurance, budgeting, recommending credit cards, earning “side hustle” income all the way to advising businesses on securing funding.
Helping thousands of families financially took up all of my time and limited the number of families I could help. Also, I noticed a trend of “do it yourself” financial planning. So I decided to stop helping families over the phone and focus on getting all the knowledge and research I’ve done over the last decade onto this website. Now I have ample time to research and share with the public.
Training Life Insurance Agents
Prior to stopping helping families over the phone, I trained life insurance agents and financial advisors on how to help families over the phone using my podcast, The Modern Life Insurance Selling Podcast and book The Digital Life Insurance Agent as teaching tools.
Rootfin In The News
We are featured in some of the most trusted financial resources online. Here are a few places we’ve been mentioned or quoted:
- Top Whole Life: Top 7 Life Insurance Blogs in 2019
- U.S. News & Money: How Prepaid Funerals Work
- Forbes: Entrepreneurs Share 7 Smart Reasons They Use Business Credit Cards
- BestCompany: Understanding Types of Life Insurance
- USA Today: 5 life insurance questions you’re too embarrassed to ask
- Nerdwallet: Marijuana Use May Have Little Impact on Life Insurance Rates
- ThinkAdvisor: 4 misconceptions about marijuana and life insurance
- U.S. News & Money: Pros and Cons of Whole Life Insurance
- InsuranceNewsNet: How Agents Are Making It Big On The Internet
- Bloomberg: Wearable Tech’s New Frontier: Charting Hospital Patients’ Progress
- Insider: 8 secrets your life insurance agent is keeping from you
- Wikipedia: Zander Insurance Group