Last Updated: July 2020
Quick Tip: Fill out the instant quote form on the right and receive quotes from life insurance companies that don’t require a medical exam. We customized the software specifically for this page for people who don’t want a medical exam.
Life insurance with no medical exam is typically a bit more expensive than a fully underwritten policy. However, this type of life insurance is becoming increasingly popular.
Below we will show you the best life insurance policies on the market that do not require a medical exam. We’ll also help you decide which type of no-exam life insurance is right for you.
- What is No Medical Exam Life Insurance?
- Who Should Consider Life Insurance with No Medical Exam?
- The Best No Medical Exam Life Insurance Companies
- Term vs Whole Life Insurance with No Medical Exam
- What Do Life Insurance Companies Check on No Medical Exam Policies?
- How to Apply for No Medical Exam Life Insurance
Life Insurance is Boring. Let’s Get To The Root Of It! Here are the key takeaways…
Life insurance with no medical exam is a type of life insurance with a simplified application & underwriting process. Unlike traditional life insurance, there is no medical exam required to qualify. The best companies for this type of policy include Sagicor, American National, & Foresters.
What is No Medical Exam Life Insurance?
No medical exam life insurance is no different than other types of life insurance in terms of the policy itself. The difference is in how you apply and how the life insurance underwriting process works.
Many life insurance policies require a medical exam before you are approved so they can see any health complications that might make you a higher risk to insure. No exam life insurance does not require a medical exam. As a result, the application process is much easier, but the policies are typically more expensive than fully underwritten policies.
Who Should Consider Life Insurance with No Medical Exam?
There are several scenarios that make sense to consider a no-medical-exam life insurance policy.
- If you’re looking for coverage fast and without the hassle of a medical exam. These policies are much more convenient and you can be accepted in a few days.
- If you have a medical condition that is not well controlled. In severe medical cases, you may need guaranteed acceptance life insurance.
- If you have a job, occupation, or hobby that life insurance companies would view as high risk.
- If you are afraid of needles or simply don’t want to visit the doctor.
- If you require life insurance for an SBA loan and need a policy fast.
- If you are healthy but haven’t seen the doctor in several years. In this case, you may have underlying health issues arise with a doctor visit so it can be best to get life insurance beforehand. Even common things like elevated cholesterol or blood pressure can raise your premiums above those of a no exam policy.
Just note that typically you’ll be paying a little more for this convenience. So there is a bit of a trade-off.
The best no medical exam policy will depend on your unique risk since each company has different underwriting guidelines.
Let’s start with a list of the best life insurance companies with no medical exam. There are also companies out there that will provide life insurance for diabetics with no medical exam.
Please note that our instant quote tool on the right won’t quote all of these companies (some companies don’t allow it), but it will quote many of them.
The Best No Medical Exam Life Insurance Companies
This list is based on our years of experience working with many of these companies, as well as comparing dozens of no medical exam life insurance policies.
These no-exam policies made the list for their great rates, benefits, customer service, financial strength, and risk tolerance.
Sagicor Sage Term Life Insurance with Accelerwriting
Sagicor life insurance is best known for its instant issue term policies. They have some of the lowest rates in the industry and great benefits.
Here are some features of their Sage Term Life Insurance.
- Available in 10, 15, and 20-year terms
- Between $50,000 and $500,000 coverage available
- Guaranteed level premiums
- Available for ages 18 to 65
- Ability to convert to a permanent policy
- Accelerated benefit insurance rider included
- Other riders and benefits available
Sagicor’s Preferred class rates are often the lowest for no exam life insurance. Even their “Standard” is competitive with the rest of the market and they even have a “Rated” health classification for those with moderate health impairments.
You can apply online to get a decision in minutes, or fill out a paper application and do a phone interview. Either way, the whole process is fast and painless. You can have a great policy in as little as 15 minutes.
American National Insurance Company
American National life insurance has great no exam life insurance rates for healthy non-smokers.
Here are details of ANICO no-exam life insurance.
- Term life insurance coverage available from $50,000 to $250,000
- Up to age 65
- Up to 30-year terms available
- They offer some of the best living benefits
- They accept some medical conditions that other companies won’t
Like all no-exam life insurance companies, they check the MIB report, Motor Vehicle Report, and your Pharmacy Report and usually make a decision within 3-5 business days.
What makes ANICO different from other no-exam life insurance carriers is, if they don’t approve your policy, they will ask if they can retrieve your medical records instead of straight declining you for coverage. Sure, you’ll have to wait an extra 2-4 weeks, but you still won’t have to take an exam.
If you’re interested in an American National no medical exam life insurance policy, contact us to help you apply.
Foresters Your Term Life Insurance
Foresters life insurance offers term life insurance called Your Term, with a no-exam option. They have become one of the best selling no medical exam carriers on the market.
Here are the details of Your Term life insurance.
- Available in 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30-year terms
- Get $50,000 to $400,000 in coverage
- They take healthy to average risks
- They use an eSignature platform and the application itself takes 20 minutes
- They will give you a decision within 10 minutes
The best part is that living benefits are included. With Foresters, if you get cancer, have a heart attack or stroke, or have other qualifying conditions, you can access the death benefit to help you through those times.
Foresters’ member benefits are also some of the best in the life insurance industry.
Assurity Term Life Insurance
Assurity life insurance offers a great term policy with accelerated underwriting for those that qualify.
Here are some details of the policy.
- Available in 10, 15, 20, & 30-year terms
- Level premiums
- Ages 18 to 50 can qualify immediately for up to $500,000 in coverage
- Ages 18 to 65 can qualify immediately for up to $350,000 in coverage
- Higher coverage amounts available with additional underwriting
- Accelerated benefits rider included
Assurity also offers additional benefits with this no-exam policy including a critical illness rider, a monthly disability income rider, and a return of premium benefit.
You can complete a phone application or a paper application and a decision will be made within 14 days after being submitted to underwriting. This is an agent-assisted application only and there is no way to apply online.
For Assurity no exam life insurance quotes, please fill out our quote request form on the right or call us.
Lincoln TermAccel Life Insurance
Lincoln Financial life insurance offers a no exam term policy called TermAccel. It is a good policy for healthy applicants with competitive rates.
Here are the details of this no medical exam policy.
- Available in 10, 15, 20, & 30-year terms
- Level premiums: monthly payments will remain the same
- $100,000 to $1,000,000 in coverage
- Available for ages 18 to 60 years old
The level premium on this policy is only for the level premium term. After that, premiums will increase annually.
The policy also offers an accelerated benefits rider, a children’s rider, and a waiver of premium rider. People searching for no exam life insurance for smokers should consider this policy as well.
SBLI Term Life Insurance with No Exam
SBLI life insurance offers both their term and whole life policy with no medical exam for certain ages and coverage amounts. SBLI has great rates for these policies.
Here are the details of SBLI no exam coverage.
- Available for term or whole life insurance
- Up to $500,000 in coverage
- Anyone under age 60 can apply
- Level premiums that never increase
- Term policy is convertible to a permanent policy
With SBLI’s accelerated underwriting, you can often get a decision in less than a week. Another great perk is that most people can qualify regardless of health class.
Haven Life Term Life Insurance with No Medical Exam
Haven Life offers term life insurance with no medical exam for up to $3 million in coverage. Healthy people looking for high coverage amounts should definitely consider Haven life.
Here are details of their no-exam term policy.
- Available in 10, 15, 20, or 30-year terms
- Up to $3 million in coverage for people under 60
- Up to $1 million available for ages 60 to 64
The life insurance application process with Haven Life is streamlined and convenient. They are backed by MassMutual life insurance, one of the largest companies in the business.
The list above is not in any particular order. Each of these companies has their own strengths and we’ll recommend the life insurance company that will provide the lowest rates.
Alternative No Medical Exam Companies
Other life insurance companies that have non-med products include Mutual of Omaha, Transamerica, United Home Life, and MetLife.
In some instances, we might recommend one of these companies because every one of these companies will look at your risk differently. Each of them has their own unique underwriting strengths and weaknesses. It will all depend on your situation and the state you live in.
Term vs Whole Life Insurance with No Medical Exam
There are four types of no medical exam life insurance.
- Guaranteed acceptance life insurance has no health questions. If you fit within the age guidelines, everyone qualifies. However, there’s a waiting period for benefits.
- Graded death benefit life insurance has the same characteristics as “guaranteed issue” life insurance, except it has some questions and is typically less expensive.
- Simplified issue term life insurance is term life insurance without an exam. They typically check your MIB report, pharmacy report, and motor vehicle report. Coverage is immediate if you qualify. You typically need to be healthy to qualify for this type of policy.
- Final expense life insurance includes smaller whole life insurance policies between $5,000 and $25,000 in coverage. You have to qualify by answering health questions to get immediate coverage.
For a term life insurance policy with no medical exam, you have to be in good health. We have helped hundreds of people obtain this type of policy with many of the carriers above, even with some well-controlled conditions like diabetes, asthma, or high blood pressure.
For small whole life policies with no exam, there is usually more leniency in the underwriting. This is because final expense policies have smaller coverage amounts. You can have some moderate health issues and still qualify for these no medical exam whole life insurance policies.
What Do Life Insurance Companies Check on No Medical Exam Policies?
Besides the questions on the application, life insurance companies will qualify you based on the results of these 3 bureaus:
- MIB (Medical Information Bureau)- operates a secure, industry-wide database where North American life and health insurance companies share information significant to an individual’s health or longevity taken from prior applications for insurance and requisite underwriting investigations.
- Motor Vehicle Report– Your MVR is checked for DUIs, reckless driving tickets, suspended licenses, and excessive moving violations.
- Pharmacy Report– This is a database that lists all your prescription medications. So these life insurance companies will have outside sources help them in their decision to approve your application besides the answers on your application.
How to Apply for No Medical Exam Life Insurance
Although there are indeed many ways to look for no medical exam life insurance coverage, the best way to apply is to work with an independent agent. Independent agents can shop multiple companies for you and compare rates to see which company gives you the best no exam policy.
We’ve helped hundreds of people find life insurance with no medical exam, and can help you as well. Fill out our quote tool or contact us to compare rates from the best no exam carriers.