Last Updated: May 2020
We help consumers looking for life insurance with diverticulitis on a regular basis. Life insurance approvals can range from the best rate class (preferred plus) to a decline. It really depends on your unique diverticulitis details.
The first step in securing the lowest life insurance rates available is understanding the details regarding your diverticulitis which technically is still classified as high-risk life insurance depending on your specific condition and symptoms.
With this information, we reference your details across all the life insurance carriers underwriting guidelines to get a great premium for your specific situation.
In this brief article, we will break down what you can expect when applying for life insurance with diverticulitis:
- Life Insurance with Diverticulitis
- You Can Achieve the Best Rates with Diverticulitis for Your Life Insurance
- Life Insurance with Diverticulitis Can Be Easy If You Choose the Best Company and Agency
Life Insurance with Diverticulitis
Currently, there is not one specific life insurance company giving the best approvals for those with diverticulitis. There are several companies competing for this risk. We choose the company based on your details.
Here’s what we need to know:
- Date Diagnosed
- Frequency of attacks & date of most recent
- Surgical dates and details
- Details regarding any complications
- Any underlying health issues?
- All current medications
If you aren’t pushed for these answers by an agent, move on. They are simply taking a shot in the dark. With that said, every detail you can provide is helpful.
Don’t leave anything out when providing specifics about your diverticulitis or else your life insurance rates will come back more expensive than quoted.
Remember, the life insurance company will be reviewing your medical records.
You Can Achieve the Best Rates with Diverticulitis for Your Life Insurance
Based on the information we acquire about your diverticulitis, health classes range from preferred plus (best rate class) to a decline.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect.
Preferred rates are available IF:
- Treated medically with complete resolution
- No surgical treatment needed
- No history of complications
- No continuous use of NSAIDs, steroids or immunosuppressants
- Fully evaluated to exclude potential malignancy
Standard and below standard rates (table ratings) are available in these situations:
Mild attacks (single or repeated), fully recovered, and no complications will be in the Standard to Standard Table 2 range.
Attacks with complications such as perforation, abscess, fistula, or obstruction will be:
- Without surgery, with an attack in the last 12 months will be in the Table 2-4 range
- Without surgery, with an attack over one year ago will be in the Standard to Table 2 range
- With surgery, segmental resection, fully recovered will be Standard to Standard Plus
- With more extensive surgery in the last 12 months, fully recovered, will be Table 2 range
- With more extensive surgery, more than one year ago, and fully recovered, will be Standard
- Not recovered, symptoms continuing, will be Table 4 range
- Multiple surgeries may be rated higher
- Recent signs of hemorrhage can result in a decline
If the “table ratings” above are confusing, you can read this article about life insurance table ratings or you can just contact us and let us explain everything.
We can provide you with the best life insurance option for your specific case.
It is also important that you understand that secondary options for life insurance coverage are always available.
Consider All Options With Diverticulitis When Applying For Life Insurance
Anytime you are shopping for life insurance with a pre-existing medical condition, it is important to understand that life insurance is never a one size fits all.
Everyone’s situation is different and working with someone who understands that is the first and best step you should be taking.
Perhaps you are someone who has a very minor case of diverticulitis and you can count on obtaining life insurance at the best rates possible.
On the flip side, you may have had complications or more frequent attacks with your diverticulitis and need to count on higher premiums and even the possibility of being declined for life insurance.
If this happens, don’t fret.
Consider all options such as accidental death life insurance and even guaranteed acceptance life insurance.
Fantastic companies are available that all specialize in different forms of coverage and we likely represent them.
No matter what your case may be, we are comfortable saying that we can find an option for you that gets some coverage in place for you and your family.
Life Insurance with Diverticulitis Can Be Easy If You Choose the Best Company and Agency
Life insurance with diverticulitis is 100% obtainable and we have helped countless individuals get approved for coverage in the same situation.
Consider working with an independent life insurance agency that is familiar with these medical conditions and has plenty of life insurance companies to choose from.
Finally, just another reminder that great rates and low monthly premiums are still attainable for those suffering from diverticulitis if you work with the right people to find the correct carrier.
Don’t let something such as diverticulitis hold you back from obtaining the peace of mind and the protection that your family needs and deserves.
If you have diverticulitis and are now ready to purchase a plan, let us be your agent and give us a call today.
Alternatively, be sure to fill out the instant quote form on this page to begin comparing rates with all of the top life insurance companies that we represent.
Best of luck in your search.